Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm Starting to Panic

I started to work on my timeline today...

  • 4 Months- move to Washington, DC
  • 3.5 Months- move to SC to celebrate the holidays with my family
  • 1.5 Months-load my possessions into a pod and give my furry children to their new mommys (I burst into tears every time I think about this)

I am starting to panic. My chest is tight and I don't know where to begin to get things done. 

I feel exhausted of all decision making capabilities...

Although I am looking forward to the freedom of owning less, how do you choose what to store and what to take?

Do I take the crochet blanket that my mother made when I was a baby or do I take the quilt that was made for me when I graduated high school? If I take both is that excess? 

Do I take the Marine Corp K-Bar that was given to me when I moved from Beaufort or do I take MOTH 2 (Man of the House) that was given to me by my roommate Brooke to protect me (She has MOTH 1).  If I take both am I a military crazed, big knife carrying lunatic?

How many photos can I take? Can I take some of my Hibel paintings as well as Ode to Sarah made by my dear friend Natalie (taking Ode to Sarah is not a question it is merely can I take Hibels with me too)?

I have been told to come with as little as possible...how do you do that? 

These are the decisions that I just can't make now. 

I know that it may seem trivial but I feel paralyzed right now...somewhere between moderate stress and a panic attack.

I am experiencing a rude awakening of how dependent I am on things...

God is stretching me...pushing me. I am OK with that, it hurts, but I am OK!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take the Hibel over the Ode. :) As for the rest. Sheesh. Those are big decisions. I'm panicking over my to-do list and it's not even that dramatic. Let me know if you need help packing.
xoxox